Biloxi, MS is a hidden gem on the Gulf Coast that boasts a variety of attractions, activities, and breathtaking scenery. This vibrant city is known for its white sand beaches, fresh seafood, and bustling nightlife, making it the perfect destination for any traveler. Whether you're looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or a solo adventure, Biloxi has something to offer everyone. In this guide, we'll take a closer look at what makes Biloxi, MS so special and how you can make the most of your visit.
One of the biggest draws to Biloxi is its beautiful beaches. With miles of pristine white sand and crystal-clear waters, it's no wonder why so many travelers flock to this Gulf Coast city. Here are a few of the top beaches to check out:
- Biloxi Beach: This beach is located in the heart of Biloxi and is known for its soft white sand and calm waters. It's a great spot for swimming, sunbathing, and playing beach volleyball.
- Gulfport Beach: Just a short drive from Biloxi, Gulfport Beach is another popular spot for sunbathing and swimming. It's also home to a fishing pier, playground, and picnic area.
- Long Beach: For a quieter and more secluded beach experience, head to Long Beach. This beach is located just west of Biloxi and is known for its tranquil atmosphere and breathtaking views.
In addition to its stunning beaches, Biloxi also has a variety of attractions and activities to keep visitors entertained. Here are a few must-see spots:
- Beauvoir: The Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library: This historic site was once the home of Confederate President Jefferson Davis. Today, visitors can tour the house and museum to learn more about Davis and the Civil War.
- Ohr-O'Keefe Museum of Art: This unique museum is dedicated to the works of George Ohr, a renowned pottery artist from Biloxi. Visitors can view his one-of-a-kind creations and learn more about his life and career.
- Biloxi Lighthouse: This iconic lighthouse has been guiding ships into Biloxi's harbor since 1848. Visitors can climb to the top for stunning views of the Gulf Coast.
- Walter Anderson Museum of Art: This museum is dedicated to the works of Walter Anderson, a celebrated artist from Ocean Springs, MS. Visitors can view his paintings, pottery, and other works of art.
Biloxi is known for its fresh seafood and delicious cuisine, so it's no surprise that there are plenty of great restaurants to choose from. Here are a few of the top spots to check out:
- Mary Mahoney's Old French House: This historic restaurant has been serving up delicious seafood dishes since 1964. Some of the most popular dishes include seafood gumbo, stuffed shrimp, and crabmeat au gratin.
- Half Shell Oyster House: If you're a fan of oysters, then Half Shell Oyster House is a must-visit. This restaurant serves up fresh oysters in a variety of preparations, as well as other seafood dishes like shrimp and grits and blackened redfish.
- White Pillars: This upscale restaurant is located in a historic home and serves up modern Southern cuisine. The menu changes frequently, but some of the standout dishes include duck breast, lobster mac and cheese, and fried chicken.
Biloxi's nightlife scene is also a big draw for visitors. From live music to casinos, there's always something going on after dark. Here are a few of the top spots to check out:
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino: This popular casino has plenty of gaming options, as well as live music and entertainment. It's also home to several restaurants and bars.
- The Fillin' Station: This funky bar and grill serve up great food and drinks, as well as live music on the weekends.
- The Reef: This beachfront bar and restaurant is a great spot to grab a drink and watch the sunset over the Gulf Coast.
Biloxi, MS is a hidden gem on the Gulf Coast that has something for everyone. Whether you're looking to relax on the beach, explore historic sites, or enjoy a night out on the town, this vibrant city has it all. So why not plan your next vacation to Biloxi and experience all that this Gulf Coast gem has to offer?